Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eight and half years on my own and now

I have these three fabulous children. Each of them, their own person with wonderful unique talents and gifts. Honestly, I don't know how it happened. Suddenly, I have two in High School. They are both on the honor roll consistently. My youngest is in the gifted and talented program at her grade school. They really are the best thing that ever happened to a mom.

Of course there is one little glitch: "What's his name". He has been unemployed for over a year and a half. about six months ago, he needed to find a place to live. Since I knew that without help he wouldn't be able to make his regular child support payments I decided to let him live with us. Let me repeat the important part: I decided. I need to keep reminding myself that every time I wonder how did this happen. My offer was for him to stay the summer. October is half over and he has no job leads and it doesn't seem like any desire to get full time work.

Today, I decided that I will take this blog to a productive new level. I have been reliving the past lately. I have had the same conversations (arguments) with "What's his name" that I had nine, ten and even eleven years ago. I cannot change him but I can change my take on this whole situation. From now on, each day I am going to do something to move my attitude into a new positive direction. Sometimes it may just be this blog reminding me of the good and fun things my kids do. My goal though is to actively do something each day that will better my life.

I will keep you all posted and let's see what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment