Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The best things in life are free

But you can give to the birds and bees. I want Money.

Ok, I don't really feel that way. I am just so budgetfrustrated right now.

What I would really love is to find something I enjoy doing that I could make a bit extra with. I have tons of ideas. I have a home business but that is selling and I don't think I am pushy enough. Plus, in order to make the real bucks you have to recruit. Not my thing at all.

It's amazing, I restructure my budget every week to make sure I get through until the next payday but something always comes up. Food for the kids, the house payment all of those irritating little expense...the list is endless.

I know I am not the only one that is suffering. "What's his name" hasn't had a full time job for 19 months (and counting) so I guess it could be worse.

I have been doing some little things to cut costs. I have been taking leftovers to work (Today it's Beef Stew!). I have been shutting off the heat when the house is plenty warm and I turn off lights when I leave the room. Of course these little items will not help me with the car payment that's due but one thing at a time.

The kids are great as far as being understanding about money things. I really do wish I could give them more. I think that this may help them in the long run though. Sometimes when you grow up without money worries you don't learn to be responsible about budgeting and planning. I try to impart some knowledge in that area to them with real world examples like letting them know prices of certain items and how my salary relates to the time I spend at work. I just don't want to burden them with things that are mine to deal with.

oops! Speaking of money, I need to get back to work. It's a reporting day.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment