Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I said I would start today

Well, first thing in the morning is never a good time to start anything. I did have pastry for breakfast. Let's move on from there.

I grabbed a magazine from home in order to investigate one article on weight loss. I was drawn to one: "Take 10 years off Your Body". Ok, not necessarily weight loss as it is body improvement. Since this is what I am really after I decided to take a look. Now, since I am sitting at a computer, I thought "Hey, I'll look it up online". So, I went to this mag's website. I was drawn to an article about Valerie Bertinelli, the adorable teen star of the 1970's sit com, "One day at a Time". She sure seems happy, bless her heart. And, indeed she has done some wonderful things weight - wise. I read some of the text but still do not know how she did it. I am assuming Jenny Craig helped (I saw the commercials).

OK, back to my quest. How can I take 10 years off my body. I seriously wouldn't mind it. 10 years ago I was XXX -50 pounds and I had a lot more energy so, I dug a little deeper. But then got interrupted by a floating survey which I answered and then floated over to the results. I don't even remember what they asked me or what the results were but I did have to find my way back to that article.

I didn't read all of it but from what I gather I should:

"Do moderately intense cardio for 30 minutes, five days a week, or vigorously intense cardio for 20 minutes, three days a week."

But wait, there's more.

In addition to the cardio I should:

"Work your core muscles -- which include your abs, back, and pelvis -- two to three times a week."

OK. Is that it? No, don't be silly! We are erasing age!

"Gently stretch all your major muscle groups at least twice a week (but ideally every day)."

One more thing:

"Do eight to 10 strengthening exercises (eight to 12 reps each) twice a week."

Ok, so here is how I see it:

In addition to working 40 - 48 hours a week, raising my three daughters (and everything that entails) and heavy sighing because of "what's his name" I need to fit in 2.5 hours of cardio, 1 hours of core training, stretching every day (hey, I may as well go for ideal) and 40 minutes (approx) of strength training. Hmmmm.

I love working out five days per week and strengthening my core two to three times a week (and stretching daily and strength training also
I love working out five days per week and strengthening my core two to three times a week (and stretching daily and strength training also
I love working out five days per week and strengthening my core two to three times a week (and stretching daily and strength training also
I love working out five days per week and strengthening my core two to three times a week (and stretching daily and strength training also
I love working out five days per week and strengthening my core two to three times a week (and stretching daily and strength training also

I can start this tomorrow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment