Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My eldest is getting picked on at school and it breaks my heart

She is a really sweet girl that is really not like anyone else. I have always said that I really think she will be a phenomenal adult but struggle with being a kid - mainly because she is above all the catty BS that goes along with being young.

The thing that saddens me is that she did not even notice. Her special ed teacher sawy it taking place and wanted us both to know. As a child with ASD often times she misses social cues. Along with that, she can get very emotional when under stress. Those two things together really can make her a target at times. It has been a really long time since the subject has come up. I am frightened that she will lose her current hope and start feeling sad again. I can barely work today I am so sad about it. I won't show her that though. I don't want my stuff to make her stuff worse.

On a better note her teacher and several others are taking steps to make sure this behavior does not persist. I am hopeful this will help and afraid at the same time that if it comes to disciplinary action there will not be any retaliation. Aaaaahhh!

For once I would just like things to go well for all of us girls. Since there are four of us the odds are against it but a mom can dream, can't she?

On another note, I sent an e-mail to that nice man that works in my building. I am not expecting anything super fab but I felt I needed to take a chance. Maybe something positive will arise.

I think now I will go in search of some other fabulous blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment