Monday, December 7, 2009

All Work and No Play Makes This Blogger a Dull Mommy

So, I treated myself to a night of "Clubbing". It's not what you think. It doesn't mean hitting people with clubs, no: It's going out to a nightclub! Which I am sure you all know. I just don't do it anymore.

I went to see my favorite local band Soul Asylum. The show was great, I was with a really good friend from high school and get this: A total stranger offered us V.I.P. seating for free! I would not have been able to see the show at all without it. The place was so packed!!! The band rocked as always. I was so thrilled to be there! I did try to get a note to the lead singer Dave but I don't know if that ever happened. He's the cool rock star that called my house offering to do an interview for my G2 and then my G3 hung up on him. Kind as he is, he actually bothered to call back and leave a message.

So, since I went out on Friday and worked my gas station job on Saturday, I asked "What's his name" to do a lot of the kids stuff over the weekend. He was not a happy camper. He drove my friend and I downtown, picked up G2 after Sadie Hawkins, dropped G1 off at six a.m. Then, he made 3 dozen cookies with G3 for church on Sunday. I also asked him to drop me off at work on Saturday so G1 had a ride home from her excursion and G2 could get picked up after her "hanging out" with friends.

He made an interesting comment when he dropped me off. I thanked him for everything he had done this weekend and then mentioned that he seemed a little angry. He said "I am just not used to having to run around so much". I almost felt guilty until I remembered that I had been doing this very thing for well over nine years so I said "Welcome to my world". A little cold I know but if I didn't ask he really would not do anything but fight dragons.

Needless to say I am a wee bit tired but I am feeling so good about my job performance and the progress that my gals are making it doesn't matter. Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment