Monday, January 11, 2010

An interersting take from the Aspberger's mind of my wonderful G1

Last night I sat down to chat with my eldest. She told me that one of her big pet peeves is when people say hi to her and get mad when she doesn't say hi back. It's really hard to know what to do with that mindset. I know that her brain works differently. I also know that when you don't answer people when they speak to you the perception is that you are kind of bitchy. She is not at all a mean spirited person. She just kind of drifts off into her own plain. I tried to explain that general society expects that we be cordial but she maintains it's her right to be quiet. I then told her that if she doesn't want to speak she could wave. I don't know what else to tell her. I get worried. Three years from now she will be completely on her own. Of course I will try to always be there to support her but odds are that she will be so much better off if she doesn't need me to tell her how to behave.

It was a super busy weekend. I worked on Saturday. I went to a wake for a friends mom and on the other side of town I went to G2's basketball tourney. They took 2nd place!

No comments:

Post a Comment