Tuesday, March 16, 2010

With Renewed Energy, She blogs

My gosh! I am trying. I want to blog everyday again but I don't know how people come up with a subject to write about.

Yesterday, "What's his name" said he was sick. My baby (G3) said she thought he was faking. I don't think he was but as a full time Mom for so long I had decided that I didn't really have time to be sick. Now that he isn't working, he has time.

There are times when I ask the kids to let me rest but it really never turns out that way. I am glad about that. I don't want to miss important things. Even little important things. I want to be the one they know has been there for them no matter what.

I did leave early last Thursday. I have no idea what was wrong. My ears hurt and I felt puffy and icky. I had a little bit of a headache and was getting dizzy. I was really unable to focus so I finished what I needed to finish and went home. A shout out to the wonderful people I work with who just wanted me to feel better. There was no guilt or recrimination and I am very grateful.

Anyway, I went home and fell asleep on the couch (aka: "What's his Name's" bed). I have always considered myself to be a lucky mom. This day was proof. When G1 and G2 got home, I heard them chatting as they came in the door and they both stopped and said "Mom must be sick". My G2 put her stuff down and asked me if I needed anything. I was feeling like a big baby so I said "I don't knowww!" and she offered to go get me some ginger ale. It was just so considerate!

When my baby G3 came home she said "My Mommy is sick!" She knelt down next to me and kissed me on the forehead! Both the things my daughters did that day were learned from the things I have done for them. These are the things my mother would do when I was not well. It was a very warm feeling that really made a huge difference for my physical and emotional self. I really am a lucky mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment